Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fried Rice

Not the kind they serve up in Chinese restaurants. This is actual balls of fried rice – otherwise known as croquettes. Tonight I made a lovely risotto finished with cream and parmesan cheese. I let it chill in the fridge and then formed the mixture into bite size balls, coated them in breadcrumbs and then dropped ‘em in the deep fryer. I cooked them until GBD (golden, brown and delicious - yes, it's a technical cooking term) for a perfect grade. Risotto – yum. Fried food – yum. Fried risotto – hells yeah.

2 comments:

tony.unwin said...

and contains cheese... winner all round for you :o) have a good weekend...

Anonymous said...

Allison -

*drops to one knee*

Will you marry me?

Oh, wait, we're already bethrothed. SCORE!!!! Even though I'm panting after boys right now, it's nice to know that if I ever cross over, I'm gonna be the best-fed lesbian out there.