Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Alcohol and Machinery

While making my nightly Vodka and Diet Coke, I happened upon the alcohol warning label. I’ve inadvertently read this thing a million times, but tonight a thought occurred to me.

Warning Reads:

“Alcohol may impair your ability to drive a car or operate heavy machinery.”

I got to thinking - what exactly classifies heavy machinery? Some research turned up a few examples: tractor, forklift, bulldozer.

For grins, I looked into light machinery too. Examples include – lawn mower, leaf blower, electric hedge trimmer.

Now shouldn’t we be warning people about light machinery too? I mean, would you want a crazy drunk running around your next family picnic with a weed wacker?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

drinking and hedge trimming is one of my favorite pasttimes.

tony.unwin said...

drinking and trying to write t a blog has its hazards too.. hic ;o)