Friday, September 29, 2006

Shrimp Fried Rice

Last night I whipped up a batch of my world-famous Shrimp Fried Rice. Ok, so it’s not really world-famous, but it’s damn good.

It’s a great vegetarian dish and you can substitute beef or chicken if you happen to be a carnivore.



Here’s out I put this meal together:

1. Cook some white rice.
2. Heat up some canola in a sauté pan or wok over medium high heat. Scramble up and cook an egg or two and remove from pan.
3. Toss in some diced yellow onions and cook until translucent.
4. Add shrimp. I use pre-cooked frozen shrimp.
5. Add rice and heat through.
6. Toss in any your favorite veggies. I use shredded iceberg lettuce, bean sprouts and frozen peas. Heat through.
7. Drench the rice with soy sauce – enough to give it the nice brown color and some salty flavor.
8. Add egg back to pan.
9. Garnish with chopped green onions and a drizzle of sesame oil.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Yum, that sounds good!

Anonymous said...

mmmm.... just had me some leftovers....