Thursday, November 16, 2006

Recap

It appears that I have been MIA for quite some time, so I’ll give everyone a quick recap of the last six weeks:

-I am officially done with another class – baking.
-During baking, I learned to make all sorts of stuff – breads, cakes, pies, cookies, tarts, sculpted sugar and so much more.
-I burned the skin off of the tips of my fingers while learning to temper chocolate
-I blistered my hand by accidentally picking up a molten candy thermometer
-I made a box out of chocolate and it looked so freakin’ cool. I still can’t believe I actually made a box out of chocolate.
-I decided that I really like the slow pace of baking. At the same time, I realized that my unsteady hand would make me the worst cake decorator ever!

To wrap up the class, our practical final was to make a St. Honore Gateau cake. Check this out – it’s made of puff pastry, cream puffs, pastry cream, chocolate whipped cream, caramelized sugar, spun sugar and tempered chocolate. And to think that on the first day of class I could barely make Blueberry Muffins!

3 comments:

tony.unwin said...

welcome back... i've missed you...
sounds like you've had fun ;o)
T

Toni said...

That cake sounds AMAZING! Welcome back!

Unknown said...

hi how r u this is raja from qatar same industry looking for a friendship r u interested ?pls mail me
shanraja_2002@yahoo.com