Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thanksgiving Menu

I have volunteered to make Thanksgiving dinner for my family this year. Given that I'm almost done with culinary school, I'm feeling the pressure to impress. Here's the menu as it stands now:

Thanksgiving Day Menu
November 23, 2006


First Course
Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
-or-
Grilled Pineapple Salad

Entree
Turkey Roulade with Apple Cranberry Chutney
Potatoes Noisette
Carrots Vichy
-or-
Poached Salmon with Citrus Salsa
Potatoes Gratin
Sautéed Spinach with toasted pine nuts


Dessert
Poached Pears with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Crème Brule with Fresh Berries

4 comments:

tony.unwin said...

sounds divine...
hear that its my feet running for the bird across the pond...

have a great Thanksgiving

:o)
T

Toni said...

That sounds awesome.

I'd go with the turkey...just because it's classic and you won't make anyone feel like they're missing something. I made something else once for Thanksgiving and my sister complained about it for 2 years after.

Robin said...

I love having a sister that can cook! I can't wait to see you!!!...I got depressed when I realized thanksgiving is all meat but that salmon dish just made me very happy mmmmm!!

Lisa Fain (Homesick Texan) said...

Yum--you have a lucky family!