Tuesday, March 14, 2006

One Bag

Yesterday I made a quick trip to the grocery to pick up a few items to make Beef Stroganoff. I filled my basket with some sour cream, a lemon, a few fresh herbs and a package of pasta. I jumped into the “6 items or less” Express Lane and paid for my purchase while the cashier tossed all of my food into one bag. As I signed the credit card receipt, she asked me if I needed help carrying out my bag. I’m sure it’s a standard courtesy, but it left me thinking: 1) Do I look so out of shape that I wouldn’t be able to make it to my car with my ONE bag without help? or 2) Are people actually so lazy that they request assistance in carrying their ONE bag to their car? I choose option 2. I’m still in denial that working out every now and then might do me good.

No comments: